Monday, August 27, 2012

Introducing counseling services to your staff

Every year I try to come up with a creative and effective way to introduce my counseling program to my teachers.  This can be kind of difficult, because teachers are bombarded with meetings, trainings, staff development, curriculum changes, and more at the beginning of the school year.  So, it is not always best for me to stand up during a staff meeting and take up time explaining my program.

Therefore, I borrowed this wonderful idea from Marissa at Elementary School Counseling blog.  I created a "Menu of Services" that includes the groups I run, topics I cover in guidance, clubs I supervise, etc. I feel like this Menu will promote my program better than a staff meeting speech, because teachers can hold on to it and pull it out when they have a student or class who needs my services. I also plan on having some on hand for Back to School Night to hand out to parents.


1 comment:

  1. Allison, You did a great job with your counseling services Menu!! Great presentation!! I like your idea about handing out at parent teacher night too!

    ReplyDelete